Priax Corporation recognizes our environmental impact on the planet and is taking an active role to lower energy usage and decrease waste in our daily operations. Some of the green practices we have incorporated in our business include:
Company Facilities and Operations
Priax Corporation offices and manufacturing faciities are located on a 64-acre ranch in the mountains east of San Diego. This property operates under an active enviornmental program which includes erosion protection and tree planting. In the past 15 years, theranch has grown and planted over 2,000 trees. All facility lighting is being changed over time to LED-based lighting systems.
Priax Corporation manufactures and sells pepper spray chemicals. All of the Priax chemicals formulations utilize only “food grade” biodegradable chemicals, which pose no adverse conditions on the environment.
Priax endeavors to utilize recycled materials for our products whenever possible. For example:
- Utilizing recycled steel, aluminum and copper components.
- Utilizing recycled plastic and paper components.
- Utilizing recycled paper in our technical manuals and other printed materials.
- Reusing packing materials in shipments.
- Recycling toner cartridges.
- Recycling paper, plastics and cans.
- Recycling all used electronic materials, including batteries, through programs available in the area.
- Turning off and unplugging electrical devices when not in use. Office computers are turned off at night.
- Planting 200 or more trees in the local environment each year.